My book review

This is post is a book review on one of my favourite books, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I loved Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, because I loved all the other Harry Potter series. I love books!

Deathly+Hallows

Image: ‘I got the British Children Edition

Other books I like are:

The Enchanted Wood series by Enid Blyton.

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S Lewis.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney.

Tashi by Anna and Barbara Fienberg.

The Alice Miranda series by Jacquilene Harvey.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was a captivating book, just like all the other Harry Potter’s. Now for the book review…

•  Author: The author of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is J.K Rowling, she also wrote all the other Harry Potter books.
  • Genre: Genre of Harry Potter is fantasy.
  • When was it published? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was published by J.K Rowling on 21st July, 2007.
  • Why did you like/dislike Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?  I liked Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows because it was very thrilling, there were twists everywhere which made you just want to keep on and keep on reading it.
  • Why did you like/dislike the ending? I loved the ending of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ending because Harry defeated Voldemort and he, Ron and Hermione turned out to live a happy life.
  • Give it a five star rating! I would rate it 5 stars every minute of the day!

And that’s my book review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!

Darth+Maulfoy

Image: ‘DEATHLY HALLOWS.

This is the sign of the Deathly Hallows.

Matthew+Lewis

Image: ‘Daniel Radcliffe

This is Harry Potter/Daniel Radcliffe

Comment on:

Have you ever wrote a book review? What book was it on?

Did you like my book review?

What is your favourite book or series?

9 thoughts on “My book review

1. Dear Liv,

What a terrific post! You included lots of interesting details about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and I can tell how much you loved the book!

I remember writing looks of book reviews when I was at primary school and high school. I always loved reading so much as a student (and I still do!) so book reports were one of my favourite school activities. I remember trying to make my book reports creative and crafty.

Do you like the Harry Potter movies as well?

Your teacher,
    Miss Jordan

• Dear Miss Jordan,

Thankyou for visiting my blog, again, it makes me feel just so…jubilant!

I delight in reading too, I always have and I always will. I am fond of writing book reports aswell. I am hopeful to do more of them at school!

I try to make my book reports as colourful and eye catching as possible with the block borders like you recommend, I just think the block borders are a tremendous idea!

I relish in all the Harry Potter movies just as much as the books. I revel how they are so magic. I love how they take me away to a mystical fantasty land. It would just be my dream to go to Hogwarts one day, even though it doesn’t exist, I wish it did!

Did you know Hogwarts is based on the Edinborough Castle in Scotland? My Nan and Dad-Dad visited Edinborough Castle on their last trip. There were no signs of Voldemort or Harry Potter, what a pity!

See you on Monday!
      Your student,
      Liv 😉

2. Dear Liv,
    I’m not a Harry potter fan, but some parts are enjoyable and halarious! 🙂

My favourite line from all of the movies would have to be “Why is it always the spiders, we always have to follow the spiders, why can’t we follow the butterflys?” That was said by Ron, he’s a funny dude! I’m not so sure which movie it’s from.

Hope you enjoyed the book!
    Your friend,
    Bronte :mrgreen: 😛

• @ Bronte,

No wonder you got your own blog! You leave so many quality comments on lots of varieties of blogs, all the time! Thanks so much!

You are most definitely right, the Harry Potter movies are hilarious and enjoyable at the same time.

I love that line! It was so funny the first time I watched that and Ron said it. Ron does have a big fear of spiders, doesn’t he?

The movie it’s from is Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. My favourite Harry Potter movie is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2. I loved the ending, (and I’m not going to spoil it for you if you haven’t watched it!)

What is your favourite Harry Potter movie?
      Have you read any of the books?

From your friend,
      Liv 😉

3. Dear Liv,

Wow, what a wonderful post!

I love books. Some books I don’t like and some books I really like.

Here are some of the series I like:

The Naughtiest Girl
    The Naughtiest Girl is kind of like Alice Miranda. A girl called Elizabeth is the main character. Sometimes she loses her temper and goes a bit crazy. But she’s quite smart and professional. That’s the reason it’s called The Naughtiest Girl.

Go Girl
    Go Girl gives a lot of tips in it. There are heaps of books in the series. My favourite one would have to be Sleepover. I can make a lot of connections with it.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid
    Diary of a Wimpy Kid is about a boy called Greg Heffley. He is quite weak and he thinks he is the best. It is a really funny book.

Ms Communication
    Ms Communication is about a girl who loves blogging. A teacher asks her if she can be an advice blogger which is a blogger that gives out advice. A boy tries to find out who Ms Communication is.

Dear Dumb Diary
    Dear Dumb Diary is basically just a diary about Jamie Kelly. It’s pretty funny.

Did you like my reviews?

Skye

• @ Skye,

Once again, (like always 🙂 ) thankyou so much for your terrific long and outstanding quality comment. You are such a great student blogger role model and your blog posts are always filled with surprises and laughter.

I have the same problem, some books I like and some books I don’t like. A series I really enjoyed was the Harry Potter series, the Harry Potter series sure is a favourite and it always will be.

My comments on your book reviews…

~ The Naughtiest Girl:
      I thought your book review on The naughtiest Girl was great! I had never heard of it til you mentioned it and I will look forward to reading it in the future.

~ Go Girl:
      Just like you, I really like the Go Girls series and, what a coincidence, we have the same favourite Go Girl book, Sleepover, isn’t that the book what has the name Olivia? You are right, Go Girl has a lot of tips throughout the series.

~Diary of a Wimpy Kid:
      I read the whole six books of Diary of a Wimpy Kid series in 2 weeks I loved it so much! I really thought your book review was great.

~ Ms Communication:
      Like the Natughtiest Girl, I had never heard of Ms Communication but the way your outstanding book review was written, I think it sounds like a book.

~ Dear Dumb Diary:
      I think Dear Dumb Diary is funny too.

I thought your book reviews were absolutely amazing!

Got to go!
      Your friend,
      Liv 😉

4. Dear Liv,

What a fantastic post, you are a fabulous blogger!
    Well in answer to your questions I have done a book review in class and it was on the Magic Faraway Tree (By Enid Blyton).

I really did like your book review and I would like you to do one again, because it was so good!

I haven’t read all the Harry Potter series yet but I will soon. I like the Dork Diaries series. And I like Diary Of A Wimpy Kid and the Enid Blyton series.

See you soon,
    Jess

5. Dear Liv,

What a great post!

I have never read the harry potter series but it sounds like it’s a good book. When I was little I watched a harry potter movie… but I only watched at least 5 minutes of it because I got scared!

Yes I have made a book report before and the book was a funny book but it’s more for little kids though.

Hey guess what my favourite book series is diary of a wimpy kid too. I also like the magic far away tree, that book is also very funny.

From your BFF,
    Charlotte

6. Dear Liv,

Your post is amazing! You are a very good writer.

I liked the format of your book review. I think I might have my students complete something similar with books they have read, well.

I believe I completed a book review when I was in elementary school, which was 20 years ago (a long time). 🙂 I don’t recall which book I read. I read lots of books when I was in school. In second grade I read so many that I won a school contest and was able to throw a pie in the principal’s face. 🙂

I have never read a Harry Potter book. I hear they are enchanting and keep their reader’s attention.

I love the Skippyjon Jones book series. It is more of a picture book than a chapter book. Are you familiar with these books? My students love reading about Skippyjon Jones and his big imagination.

What book are you reading right now?

Your blogging buddy,
    Miss Backs