Golf

On Thursday 9th August, 13 students of Leopold Primary School participated in the Victorian Primary School Golf Championship.

The event was held at Torquay golf club and organised by Tony Collier, a Victorian professional golfer and helped by our very own Mr Stribley.

I woke up and it was pouring out there! I knew this was going to be a tough day in the rain and wind!

When I got there with Dad, the Leopold Primary kids got together and we all went up in the lift. We were met up the top by the one and only Tony Collier, he told us all the rules and gave us maps of the course so we knew where to go. Some of the rules were…

Once you had 10 shots, that was your score for that hole. You couldn’t take anymore than 10 shots.

If your ball landed in a bunker, you had 2 shots to get it out of there. if you didn’t get it out of there in 2 shots, you just simply placed it on the edge of the grass next to the bunker.

So off we all went off in groups of three with people from your school. Now let me make this very, very CLEAR. It poured and poured and poured and then it poured some more. It was endless! Then with 2 holes to play, it finally stopped, as if someone was playing a mean trick on us. But it just goes to show you the character of the Leopold students every single student that entered finished.

My score over 7 holes was 46, but the my average over nine holes was 53.  My score on each hole was around 4, 5, or 6. Connor, from Grade 6 came first, with an outstanding score of 36.

Stoned

Image: ‘To Another World

Image: ‘Work or Play?

I like to play golf, just as much as tennis. I love sports:

Golf

Tennis

Swimming

I love all sports as they keep you very fit!

Overall I came second, which means I made it to the State Regional Final held at the end of this month. I am very excited and I am eager to practise and do well at this special event! Connor will also be playing in this event and it will be held at Curlewis. (Weather permitting, ha ha!)

Comment on:

What is your favourite sport?

Do you like to play golf?

Why do you like/dislike sport?

10 thoughts on “Golf

1. Dear Liv,
    I am proud of you because you came second in the girls. I like tennis and swimming. I like it when you play tennis with me. I dislike cricket but dont tell Dad.
    Love Bon

• Dear Bon,

Thankyou for your comment! It is always nice to hear from your sis on your blog!

I like all the sports you do! Do you like golf? I am the same with you. I dislike cricket and yes, keep it a secret from Dad!

I love when you play tennis with me! You are such a good player for a six year old! Your serves get better by the day, unlike mine, mine get worse by the day! Your forehands and backhands are such big crunchers, you can hit them so hard!

Love Liv 😉 xxxxxxx

2. Dear Liv,

What an excellent post, you are such a fabulous blogger!
    I am really happy that you put up a new post I have been waiting for ages.
    I can’t beilveve you actually caqme second, but then again your mum and dad were fantastic golfers!

In answer to your questions, my favourite sport would have to be running (long distance.) I really love long distance running and not to brag at all but I think I am pretty good at it too.

I actually really hate golf not because it is a bad sport or anything its just I’ve never been good at it, even on the wii.

I love sport because it is a great way to be active and keep fit and healthy and also becuse I just LOVE IT!

Keep up the great posts! 😀

See you soon,
    Jess 😆

• Dear Jess,

Thankyou so much for visiting my blog. You are too an outstanding blogger and every comment you leave on a blog is very high in quality, if I do say so myself.

Yes, my Mum and Dad were very, very fantastic golfers!

You are excellent at running and especially long distance. You should be very proud of yourself for all the achievements you have achieved in running like the Cross Country.

Same here, I am hopeless at golf on the Wii. Always have been, always will.

I also love sports and all the exact reasons of why you love it too!

See you tommorow!
      Liv 🙂

3. To Liv,

Thankyou for your comment! I like to hear from you too!

I know keep it a secret from dad because I dislike cricket as well.

Yes i do like golf.

Love Bon 😉

4. Dear Liv,

Hi what did you learn today?Im doing a good job of learning.Did you have a fun time learning today?
    What did you learn today?

your friend,
    Austin